The team-up series ended with several tantalizing developments: The titular quartet managed to thwart the Hand’s plans to harvest the live-preserving substance in the dragon bones buried beneath New York, but when Elektra (Elodie Yung) refused to back down, Matt sacrificed himself to fight her and wound up crushed under the rubble of Midland Circle.
It felt like we could make back alley drug deals in New York and dragon mythology all part of the same story, so that was my way of trying to tie them all in.
To me, Matt and Elektra always felt like Edward Norton’s character and Tyler Durden in Fight Club except with a more overt sexual dynamic.
Before the Midland Circle showdown, Elektra brutally murdered Sigourney Weaver’s Alexandra, literally stabbing her in the back with her preferred sai.
Like, when you were casting for Elektra, did you know she would eventually be the Bigger Bad, or did the idea come about as you were working on season 2 of Daredevil and saw that she could become a standout character?
- 'Marvel's The Defenders' Review: Season 1 Has Major Plot Flaws, But Its Women ...IndieWire
- Marvel's The Defenders: The entire emotional journey in 46 GIFsEW.com (blog)
- Netflix Drops First 'Punisher' Teaser Following 'The Defenders' Debut (Video)Yahoo TV (blog)
- How 'Marvel's The Defenders' Sets Up Misty Knight To Become A SuperheroDecider
- The Defenders recap: 'Mean Right Hook'EW.com
- Luke Cage and Iron Fist tell us what it was like filming their first big fight ...INSIDER
- Is 'The Defenders' A Redemption Story For Iron Fist?moviepilot.com
- The Defenders May Have Laid The Groundwork For An Awesome Marvel SpinoffCinema Blend
- 'The Punisher' is coming to collect in first trailerCNET