With the Cardinals trailing 5-4 with one out in the seventh inning, Fowler tripled down the right field line off reliever Joaquin Benoit to give St. Louis a 6-5 lead.
After trailing 5-1 at the end of the third inning, St. Louis rallied to avoid a fourth straight loss while Pittsburgh's losing streak reached five games.
Cardinals starter Adam Wainwright lasted just three innings for the second time in his past three starts while allowing five runs on seven hits.
Pirates: C Francisco Cervelli was placed on the 10-day disabled list retroactive to Aug. 14 with left wrist inflammation after sitting out the previous three games.
Pirates: RHP Trevor Williams (5-5, 4.19) will look to bounce back from losing his last start when he faces the Cardinals on Friday.
- Fowler powers Cardinals past Pirates after rain delaysThe State Journal-Register
- Who's hot (Fowler), who's not (Wainwright) for CardsSTLtoday.com
- His bag of tricks emptied, Wainwright flies back to St. Louis to meet with doctorsKMOV.com
- Bullpen ruins good game, Cardinals crush Pirates, 11-7Bucs Dugout
- Pittsburgh Pirates Start Homestand With Fifth Consecutive LossRum Bunter
- Pirates drop 5th straight with rain-delayed loss to CardinalsTribune-Review
- Cards look to build on series-opening win at PittsburghYahoo Sports
- Redbirds rally to stop BucsColumbia Daily Tribune
- Scouting report for Friday, Aug. 18, 2017: Cardinals at PiratesTribune-Review