Colts head coach Chuck Pagano confirmed that news on Thursday after the team's final practice of the week before traveling to Dallas on Saturday to take on the Cowboys.
Without Kelly in the lineup Sunday in their preseason opener against the Colts, the team utilized rookie Deyshawn Bond and first-year lineman Adam Redmond at center.
Brian Schwenke , a fifth-year veteran, was brought in this offseason as a free agent to be Kelly's backup, but has been on the PUP list since the start of training camp, also with a foot injury.
In the meantime, Pagano said, the team will roll with Bond and Redmond, while also continuing to explore any options on the waiver wire and in free agency that the Colts can bring in to help add needed depth at the position.
Any conjecture, analysis or opinions formed by Colts.com content creators is not based on inside knowledge gained from team officials, players or staff.
- Colts center Ryan Kelly to have surgery, will miss time during regular seasonIndianapolis Star
- Foot surgery will keep Indianapolis Colts center Ryan Kelly out indefinitelyWTTV CBS4Indy
- Colts prepared to adjust offensive scheme if Scott Tolzien is Week 1 starterFanRag Sports (blog)
- Ryan Kelly needs foot surgery, will miss regular season timeNBCSports.com
- Colts Ryan Kelly to undergo surgery and miss part of regular seasonFanRag Sports (blog)
- Colts center Ryan Kelly to have surgeryThe Herald Bulletin
- Colts center Ryan Kelly to have foot surgery, miss part of seasonESPN
- Colts center Ryan Kelly will undergo foot surgeryNFL.com
- Colts' top draft pick Malik Hooker returns after surgeriesNewsexaminer