Week 2 of the NFL preseason kicks off Thursday with three games, with the biggest news being the debut of unretired quarterback Jay Cutler with his new team, the Miami Dolphins .
A big reason why Cutler decided to give up his announcing job at Fox and return to football is because he wanted to be reunited with Dolphins coach Adam Gase, who served as his offensive coordinator in 2015 while both men were with the Bears.
During his two offensive series, Cutler spent most of his time in shotgun, and even appeared to be calling his own plays at certain points, which is impressive when you consider the fact that he signed with the Dolphins less than two weeks ago.
Cutler joined the team on a one-year, $10 million deal after expected Dolphins starter Ryan Tannehill suffered a torn ACL.
In a span of four minutes during the second quarter, the Dolphins lost a fumble on a kickoff and then watched helplessly as the Ravens blocked a Miami punt.
- Ravens notes: Several vets return, but team forced to start makeshift ...Baltimore Sun
- QB Jay Cutler, RB Jay Ajayi start for Dolphins vs. RavensSun Sentinel
- Miami Dolphins: Jay Cutler, Adam Gase attached at the hipMyPalmBeachPost (blog)
- Jay Cutler plays two series in Dolphins debutNBCSports.com
- Jay Cutler makes solid debut for DolphinsSporting News
- Who starts? Who sits? Dolphins release inactives for Ravens game, and one star ...Miami Herald
- 5 Things Miami Dolphins hope Jay Cutler shows tonightMyPalmBeachPost (blog)
- Who's ready for the return of Jay Cutler to NFL action?Yahoo Sports
- Ravens-Dolphins 0817 LiveBaltimore Sun