Ignacio Piatti scored twice and the Montreal Impact beat the Chicago Fire 3-0 on Wednesday for their first three-game winning streak of the Major league Soccer season.
Matteo Mancosu added another from the penalty spot to help Montreal (9-8-6) edge closer to a playoff berth in the Eastern Conference.
Many of the 19,894 in attendance at Stade Saputo came dressed in Germany and Bayern Munich jerseys, supporting Fire midfielder Bastian Schweinsteiger.
The ball dropped perfectly in the box for Piatti, who flicked it over goalkeeper Matt Lampson in the sixth minute.
Dean entered the game less than a minute earlier as a substitute, replacing the injured Joao Meira.
- Piatti, Mancosu drive Impact's offence, as surging Montreal beats ChicagoMontreal Gazette
- Montreal Impact 3 Chicago Fire 0: Piatti double sinks slumping visitorsAOL UK
- Injuries racking up and causing chaos for the FireComcast SportsNet Chicago
- Crappy Days Are Here Again: Montreal Impact 3, Chicago Fire 0, MLS game recapHot Time In Old Town (blog)
- Montreal Impact 3, Chicago Fire 0: First ThoughtsHot Time In Old Town (blog)
- Fire drop 3-0 result at Montreal ImpactChicago Fire
- Impact confidence rising on win streak: "We can compete against everybody"MLSsoccer.com
- Montreal Impact 3, Chicago Fire 0 | 2017 MLS Match RecapMLSsoccer.com
- Pauno: Fire set to "move forward" after disappointing result in MontrealChicago Fire