Cleveland Cavaliers' Lebron James speaks while holding his daughter, Zhuri, during the We Are Family Reunion at Cedar Point in Sandusky, Ohio, Tuesday, Aug. 15, 2017.
Standing on stage before students, parents and families connected to his foundation at the end of a daylong event at Cedar Point Amusement Park on Tuesday night, James said he wanted to spend a moment addressing the weekend’s violent protests, where a woman was killed amid ugly clashes between far-right extremists and protesters out to stop them.
Earlier in the day, the NBA superstar blasted Trump on Twitter after the president appeared to equate the actions of white supremacists and those protesting them.
James was joined on stage by his three children, singers Usher and Jordin Sparks, who performed during the event, and Cavaliers teammate J.R. Smith.
During last year’s ESPYs, James stood on stage with Anthony and fellow All-Stars Chris Paul and Dwyane Wade to demand social change.
- LeBron James refers to Trump as 'so-called president' during LJFF reunionKHOU
- LeBron James says Trump just made hate 'fashionable again'Washington Post
- LeBron blasts Trump, urges 'love' in wake of CharlottesvilleWNAX
- LeBron James: Only way for us to get better as people is loveABC News
- Basketball Star LeBron James Calls Donald Trump A 'So-Called President' During ...Indiatimes.com
- Trump makes racism 'fashionable' - LeBron JamesTimes LIVE
- NBA: Cavs star LeBron James unloads on US President Donald Trump, says he's ...The Straits Times
- LeBron James blasts Donald Trump amid Charlottesville violence; calls him 'so ...The Indian Express
- LeBron Blasts Trump, Calls Him 'So-Called President'CBS Detroit