The couple's parenting style is just one of the heartwarming details revealed in a profile of the James family in this month's Vogue.
For example, did you know LeBron is an excellent swimmer (Gabrielle Union calls him "Aquaman") or that he still remembers what Savannah wore on their first date in 2002?
The article recounts how the couple re-directed the foundation's efforts a few years ago, moving away from bike giveaways and celebrity events to really begin working with schools to get at the root of the problem.
The program has grown to 1,200 students with James offering free tuition to the University of Akron to those who see it through high school.
"When you can change a kid's life for the better, you're accomplishing something great," Warren Buffet, billionaire and close personal friend of LeBron, tells Vogue.
- LeBron calls for love, unity before taking swipe at TrumpHouston Chronicle
- LeBron James blasts Trump, calls him 'so-called President'CTV News
- LeBron Blasts Trump, Calls Him 'So-Called President'CBS Detroit
- LeBron James Calls Donald Trump the 'So-Called President'SLAM Online
- LeBron James refers to Trump as 'so-called president' during LJFF reunionKHOU
- LeBron blasts Trump, urges 'love' in wake of CharlottesvilleWNAX
- LeBron James says Trump just made hate 'fashionable again'Washington Post
- NBA: Cavs star LeBron James unloads on US President Donald Trump, says he's ...The Straits Times
- LeBron speaks out, calls Trump 'so-called president'Channel4000.com