Larry Busacca / Ethan Miller, Getty Images Ted Nugent and David Crosby are in the midst of a social-media spat over Nugent’s claim that “political correctness” is keeping him out of the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame .
Crosby has dismissed the Motor City Madman’s work as not good enough, while Nugent called the former Byrds star a “bloated chemical repository” in response.
Nugent fired back on Tuesday, taking to Facebook to say: “Everybody knows that David Crosby is an evil rotten soulless punk that has criminally poisoned his bloated carcass his entire vapid life.
I couldn’t be more proud that such an uncaring dirtbag hates me, while he competes with Michael Moore to see who can go the longest without hygiene.
Asked in a follow-up comment what made his music so great, Nugent replied: “Groove, passion, energy, adventure, FUN, tightness, spirit, virtuosity, dynamics, defiance, soul, attitude, fire.”
- David Crosby: Ted Nugent not good enough for Hall of FamePress Herald
- David Crosby Claims Ted Nugent 'Not Good Enough' For Rock HallantiMUSIC.com
- See Why David Crosby Calls Michigan Native Ted Nugent an 'Asshole'Deadline Detroit
- Ted Nugent claims his politics kept him out of Hall of FamePage Six
- David Crosby Tweets Ted Nugent 'Not Good Enough' for Rock and Roll Hall of FameBillboard
- David Crosby says lack of talent, not politics, is keeping Ted Nugent out of ...The Mercury News
- David Crosby Says Ted Nugent 'Isn't Good Enough' For Rock Hall100.7 WZLX Classic Rock
- Talent, not politics, behind Ted Nugent hall of fame snub, says David CrosbyReno Gazette Journal
- Ted Nugent: Rock and Roll Hall of Fame Won't Include Me Because of My NRA TiesCanada Free Press