Daniel Craig has ended speculation about his future in the 007 franchise, confirming to Stephen Colbert on Tuesday night that he will be returning to the series for its 25th film.
"I couldn't be happier," Craig said of returning to the role a fifth time, a far cry from the tune he was humming after 2015's "Spectre."
Craig told Time Out London during an October 2015 interview that he'd rather "slash my wrists" than don Bond's tux again, a quote that Colbert relished revisiting.
Abashed by his prior sentiments, Craig clarified that the interview had taken place just days after the completion of filming "Spectre," at which point, revisiting the role seemed like the most unappealing thing ever.
"I can't compare it to childbirth," and he and Colbert both acknowledged that suggesting such a thing would raise the ire of their wives.
- You Can Stop Guessing Who The Next James Bond Will BeRefinery29
- lt's Official: Daniel Craig Will Return as James Bond, Star Says on Late ShowPaste Magazine
- Daniel Craig Is Returning as James Bond - What Critics Are SayingRotten Tomatoes
- Daniel Craig confirms he'll be back as Bond for one last 007 movieDaily Sabah
- Daniel Craig announces he will return to play James Bond in 'Bond 25'Newsday
- Daniel Craig, back as Bond, keeps 007 fans on edgeABC News
- Daniel Craig returning in 'Bond 25'Press Herald
- Daniel Craig confirms return as James BondDaily Sabah
- The world has not had enough of Daniel Craig as BondNew Statesman