Seth Meyers rips Trump's 'clinically insane' Charlottesville press conference
On Late Night , host Seth Meyers analyzed the president’s latest statements in his “Breaking Crazy” segment and said the Tuesday press conference could “only be described as clinically insane.”
During the contentious press conference, Trump argued with reporters over who should bear responsibility for the violence that erupted Saturday and said he waited for all the facts before issuing a formal statement.
Meyers played a portion in which Trump claimed that many in attendance were not neo-Nazis, white supremacists, or members of the alt-right, but were simply in Charlottesville to protest the removal of a Robert E. Lee statue; he then questioned whether memorials to George Washington and Thomas Jefferson were next.
That guy’s been in wars.” Meyers then implored Congress to impeach Trump, comparing him to “a bad waitress in a crappy diner who’s trying to get fired so she can go to a concert.”
- Late-Night Hosts Strongly Denounce Trump's "Shameful" Charlottesville ReactionHollywood Reporter
- In wake of Charlottesville, comedians get serious as politicians tell us to ...Chicago Tribune
- “Shameful,” “not a president”: late-night hosts confront Trump's response to ...Vox
- Jimmy Fallon Fights Back Tears as He Describes "Disgusting" Charlottesville EventsE! Online
- An emotional Jimmy Fallon and an angry Seth Meyers address Charlottesville eventsUSA TODAY
- Watch Late-Night Hosts Condemn Charlottesville Attacks, Trump's LatenessRollingStone.com
- 'He Is Not a President'The Atlantic
- Susan Sarandon on Charlottesville: 'We have to admit that this is a systemic ...EW.com (blog)
- Non-violent protest is in gunsights in TexasReporterNews.com