With the bases loaded in the eighth inning Tuesday night, White Sox reliever Jake Petricka hit Dodgers center fielder Joc Pederson with a pitch to send in the go-ahead run.
Austin Barnes and Corey Seager followed with a pair of two-run singles as the Dodgers scored five eighth-inning runs to break free from a 1-1 tie.
After Juan Minaya allowed a leadoff single in the eighth, Cody Bellinger reached on a fielder’s choice against left-hander Aaron Bummer.
Sox right-hander Miguel Gonzalez, who went to high school and college in the Los Angeles area, held the Dodgers scoreless over the first five Innings.
With one out, Logan Forsythe then hit a sacrifice fly to right field to allow the tying run to score, but the Sox caught Yasmani Grandal off second to end the inning.
- Red-hot Dodgers remain on record paceMPNnow.com
- What should Dodgers do when Adrian Gonzalez returns?FanRag Sports (blog)
- White Sox Game Notes For Tuesday @ LA DodgersWGN-TV
- Dodgers try for 50 in opener with White SoxTrue Blue LA
- Preview: Yasiel Puig Moved In Lineup, Dodgers Begin Series Against White SoxDodger Blue (blog)
- Dodgers: Cody Bellinger's Final Home Run Total PredictionDodgers Way
- Dodgers All-Access: Pulling The Curtain Back At Dodger StadiumDodger Blue (blog)
- A magical season in the sun for the DodgersTheRecord.com
- Update on the latest in sports:WWSB ABC 7