EverBank Field can clear the first hurdle easily, the second more narrowly and has built a successful recent track record in matches involving the U.S. men’s national team.
However, the most recent match, September’s World Cup qualifier against Trinidad and Tobago, drew a smaller attendance of 19,410.
The stadium is just one element in the bid, which also includes considerations like transportation infrastructure, available hotel accommodations and team training sites.
All nine cities from the 1994 World Cup — Boston, Chicago, Dallas, Detroit, Los Angeles, New York, Orlando, San Francisco and Washington — made the list.
Jacksonville can expect to face strong competition from Orlando, which served as a Host for both the 1994 World Cup and the 2016 Copa America Centenario.
- USA, Mexico, Canada preparing bid for FIFA World Cup 2026; 49 stadiums in ...Firstpost
- (Soccer World Cup) Canada, Mexico among 44 cities biddingHong Kong Standard (press release)
- Minneapolis to seek World Cup soccer at US Bank StadiumMinneapolis Star Tribune
- 2026 World Cup committee seeks bids from 44 citiesThe Indian Express
- Alamodome in play for united North American World Cup bidSan Antonio Business Journal
- Gillette Stadium a potential host for 2026 World Cup gamesThe Boston Globe
- Rose Bowl, Coliseum included in joint North American proposal to host 2026 ...MyNewsLA.com
- World Cup 2026 bid to consider 49 sites across North AmericaGoal.com
- Baltimore interested in hosting games in combined North American bid for 2026 ...Baltimore Sun (blog)