In the September 2017 issue of Allure fronted by 72-year-old Dame Helen Mirren, the glossy magazine resolved to stop using the term 'anti-aging' and called on the beauty industry to do the same.
Many commenters on Instagram and Twitter have applauded the magazine for both featuring Helen on its cover and for taking a stand against making women feel like aging is a bad thing.
Others, like Lauren Dimet Waters, the editor-in-chief of a site called Fountain of 30 , which aims to help women who aren't in their 20s 'look younger without looking ridiculous' and uses the tagline #agingbackwards, had other issues with Allure's stance.
They are... Top universities in clearing free-for-all as they... Lawyer, 38, who gave up a six-figure salary to become a... A rose among the thorns: Abandoned baby girl is rescued... Horrifying moment 12 people are crushed to death when a...
Mystery man buys 83,000-acre Colorado ranch... ‘I warned her to stop... but she didn’t’: Cyclist, 20,... Three young British men are sentenced to six and a half... Teetering on the edge... before being pushed to his death... Holborn Underground station is evacuated after a 'loud...
- Allure magazine bans the word 'anti-ageing,' will it change anything?Stuff.co.nz
- Helen Mirren slams Ivanka Trump's book as 'so ignorant'New York Daily News
- Helen Mirren Says Ivanka Trump "Talks a Good Game, but There's No Substance"Hollywood Reporter
- Helen Mirren Dismisses Ivanka Trump as Out-of-Touch Fluff, Hopes Melania Will ...PEOPLE.com
- British actress Helen Mirren: Ivanka Trump has 'no substance'Washington Examiner
- Helen Mirren has declared the 'anti-ageing' era over, so what's next for skincare?Telegraph.co.uk
- Helen Mirren trashes Ivanka Trump: 'There's no substance'Washington Times
- Helen Mirren Doesn't Believe Ivanka's 'Feminist' Bullshit EitherEsquire.com
- Helen Mirren: Ivanka 'Ignorant' on WomenNewsline