Fox News is not commenting, but people familiar with the talks who were not authorized to discuss the matter publicly said Ingraham is seen as a compatible fit between the network’s conservative prime-time hosts Tucker Carlson and Sean Hannity .
That would put him in a head-to-head showdown against MSNBC’s Rachel Maddow , the progressive prime-time star who has driven her network to record ratings, as viewers alarmed by the activities of the Trump White House seek comfort from her commentaries.
In April, O’Reilly was forced out following advertiser defections in reaction to revelations that he and Fox News have paid out millions to settle sexual harassment claims that he denied.
The allegations, which Bolling has denied through his attorney, are being investigated by Paul, Weiss, Rifkind, Wharton & Garrision, the law firm enlisted by 21st Century Fox that has handled other harassment claims made against the network.
Ingraham is considered a logical choice because she is familiar to the Fox News audience through her years as a staunch conservative TV commentator and syndicated radio host.
- Fox News is poised for another big primetime shake-up after its latest sexual ...Business Insider
- Laura Ingraham is more valuable to Trump on Fox News than she would be in the ...Washington Post
- Radical right-wing darling Laura Ingraham circling Fox News' primetime slotSalon
- Fox News in Early Talks With Laura IngrahamVariety
- Laura Ingraham reportedly in talks for Fox News showNew York Daily News
- Ingraham: Toppling Statues Is Not About Racial HealingFox News Insider
- Laura Ingraham in talks with Fox News for her own show as network considers ...Daily Mail
- Trump Fan Laura Ingraham Says Taking Down Confederate Monuments Is Like the ...Independent Journal Review
- Ingraham: 'Bands of Criminals' Destroying Historic MonumentsNewsmax