While I’ll likely hold off any more detailed analysis until the next road-trip, the team is now 94,000 ahead of attendance at Chase Field, compared to the first 60 games last year.
As noted, comparing crowds against the same series last year (y’know, when there were still on that 108-year streak of futility), there was a bump of over 10,000 per game.
I suspect, however, things will be significantly quieter at the old ballpark this evening and for tomorrow’s day game.
We played the Astros in a similar, two-game Monday and Tuesday set last year, and the total crowds across those games was barely forty thousand (40,354).
The teams ahead of us are all enjoying competitive seasons (unexpectedly so, in a couple of cases), except for the Braves , who have that shiny new stadium to play in.
- Series Preview: Diamondbacks face Houston Astros in split seriesVenom Strikes
- Game No. 118 Preview: Houston Astros at Arizona DiamondbacksThe Crawfish Boxes
- Preview: D-backs vs. Astros, 6 pm, FOX Sports ArizonaFOXSports.com
- Astros shut down by Zack Greinke in loss to DiamondbacksChron.com
- Greinke strikes out 9 in Diamondbacks' 2-0 win over AstrosThe Telegraph
- Diamondbacks take game one with shutout victory over AstrosVenom Strikes
- Diamondbacks 2, Astros 0: Doubles Doubles Toil and TroubleAZ Snake Pit
- MLB Predictions: Will Astros upset Zack Greinke & Diamondbacks? 8/14/17TheSpread.com
- Aug. 14: Diamondbacks 2, Astros 0Chron.com