After a bout with testicular cancer that included a round of chemo in March, Chad Bettis took the mound for the Rockies for the first time this season.
He gave up a triple in his first at-bat (although the Braves’s Ender Inciarte was eventually caught at home), and then settled in, retiring the next seven batters.
He hit a solo home run in the second inning and then followed it up with another one in the fourth in the Red Sox’s 7–3 loss to the Indians Monday evening.
Boston sits 4 1/2 games ahead of the Yankees in the AL East, and has allowed 18 fewer runs.
The Rockies' Chad Bettis made a triumphant return to the mound Monday night, while 20-year-old Rafael Devers continued to put on a show for Boston.
- Chad Bettis returns to the Rockies with flair in a commanding outing against ...The Denver Post
- Chad Bettis posts scoreless start in return from testicular cancerYahoo Sports
- Rockies RHP Bettis Returns After Cancer TreatmentU.S. News & World Report
- Rockies RHP Chad Bettis throws seven shutout innings in first start since ...New York Daily News
- Chad Bettis returns from cancer treatment, helps Rockies blank BravesUSA TODAY
- Bettis back from cancer treatment, Rockies blank Braves 3-0Columbus Ledger-Enquirer
- Rockies' Chad Bettis throws seven shutout innings in first start back from cancerCBSSports.com
- Teheran terrific, but Braves bullpen falters in 3-0 loss to RockiesAtlanta Journal Constitution
- Baseball star returns after chemotherapy: Colorado Rockie's pitcher will play ...Daily Mail