Houston Astros' Jose Altuve strikes out swinging as Arizona Diamondbacks catcher Jeff Mathis Drops the ball during the third inning of an interleague baseball game, Monday, Aug. 14, 2017, in Phoenix.
Houston Astros' Jose Altuve strikes out swinging as Arizona Diamondbacks Catcher Jeff Mathis drops the ball during the third inning of an interleague baseball game, Monday, Aug. 14, 2017, in Phoenix.
The bullpen did its job, with Jorge De La Rosa and Archie Bradley bridging the game to closer Fernando Rodney, who worked around an infield single in the ninth for his 27th save.
Astros: All-Star shortstop Carlos Correa took about 20 swings off a tee, fielded ground balls and ran the bases before Monday's game, the latest step in his return from left thumb surgery.
Diamondbacks: LHP Robbie Ray is expected to make a rehab start for Class A Visalia on Thursday, his first time facing live hitters since being struck on the head by a line drive against St. Louis late last month.
- Diamondbacks' Robbie Ray set for minor league rehab startAZCentral.com
- Sedona Red Recap: Greinke stymies Astros in D-backs victoryArizona Sports
- Astros shut down by Zack Greinke in loss to DiamondbacksChron.com
- D-backs notebook: Ray closer to a return, Peralta a first-time fatherArizona Sports
- Game No. 118 Preview: Houston Astros at Arizona DiamondbacksThe Crawfish Boxes
- Struggling Astros, Diamondbacks look for boostYahoo Sports
- Diamondbacks blank Astros in series openerKVOA Tucson News
- Diamondbacks 2, Astros 0: Doubles Doubles Toil and TroubleAZ Snake Pit
- Diamondbacks take game one with shutout victory over AstrosVenom Strikes