Google’s Android TV is becoming more ubiquitous as companies continue to use the platform in their smart TVs and streaming boxes.
First of all, the box itself is far from confirmed, as the site only quotes “several sources” as claiming the device is in development, but doesn’t elaborate any further.
Second, the report states it remains unclear whether the player will be a Google device or a product developed by a third-party and backed by the big G.
It seems likely this could simply be a follow up to Xiaomi’s Mi Box, which the company developed in tandem with Google.
That said, the report does state the device is likely to be one of the first to showcase Google’s updated Android TV interface.
- Wait for Android O could end with launch on August 21The New Indian Express
- Google Pixel camera trick comes to other phones through a modAppsforPCdaily
- How to get Google Pixel's camera app on your Android phoneStuff
- Google Contacts app can now be installed on any Android device running ...GSMArena.com
- Google Pixel's HDR+ feature can now work on select Android phones with ...Gadgets Now
- Google's Camera App With Working HDR+ Gets Ported to Galaxy S8, OthersDroid Life
- Google just made Contacts available for all Android smartphonesMashable
- The Google Phone app could be getting an in-call floating action barAndroid Police
- Google Contacts is now Available on any Android 5.0+ DeviceXDA Developers (blog)