A lot of the focus of StarCraft: Remastered 's release has been put on new Blizzard launcher support and graphical improvements.
However, there's more to it than that.
StarCraft: Remastered will (surprisingly) support the original map editor.
This was a huge part of the original release as it allowed players to make their own creations and share them online.
There will be no new features as part of this inclusion, but at the very least it's making the jump to the modern era with the benefits of Blizzard's new and much more stable online network.
- StarCraft: Remastered – How Many Max Players Are Supported?Game Revolution
- StarCraft Remastered releasedMyBroadband
- StarCraft Remastered is now availableCNET
- StarCraft Remastered's day-one LAN parties can win free pizza todayArs Technica
- 'Starcraft: Remastered' officially launchedThe Korea Herald
- Upgrade Complete! StarCraftBusiness Wire (press release)
- When Does StarCraft Remastered Release? (UPDATED)Shacknews
- StarCraft Remastered Launches Today On PCGameSpot
- StarCraft: Remastered Is Officially AvailableComicbook.com