Neo-nazi news site the Daily Stormer has been given 24 hours to move its domain to a new host after its current provider, GoDaddy, said it would cut off support.
The decision was made in response to a Daily Stormer article about Heather Heyer, who was killed during the Charlottesville Protests this weekend.
The offending post on the Daily Stormer was written by the site’s editor, Andrew Anglin, as part of its coverage of the Charlottesville protests this weekend .
The account has previously been associated with the hacking collective, and it questioned whether or not the apparent takeover of the Daily Stormer website was a hoax perpetrated by its owners.
The hackers said they plan to publish server data from Daily Stormer when the “time is right,” but did not specify what kind of information this might include.
- Daily Stormer being dumped by GoDaddyCBS News
- GoDaddy dumps white supremacist site 'Daily Stormer'Engadget
- Racist Website Daily Stormer Hacked By Anonymous, GoDaddy Will Deregister ...International Business Times
- GoDaddy gives neo-Nazi website the Daily Stormer 24 hours to find a new hostVentureBeat
- GoDaddy expels neo-Nazi site over article on Charlottesville victimBBC News
- Hackers Hijack Neo-Nazi Website The Daily Stormer, Say They'll Shut It Down in ...Variety
- The Latest: White nationalist website losing domain hostmySanAntonio.com
- GoDaddy bans neo-Nazi site Daily Stormer for 'violating' terms of serviceFort Wayne Journal Gazette
- Neo-Nazi website Daily Stormer to lose domain nameCNET