(Reuters) - Barcelona have agreed a deal with Guangzhou Evergrande to sign Midfielder Paulinho for 40 million euros, the Spanish club announced on Monday.
The 29-year-old Brazilian will sign a four-year contract with a 120 million euro release clause, undertaking medical tests on Thursday before being presented at Camp Nou.
Paulinho is Barcelona's first signing since selling Neymar to Paris St Germain for a world record 222 million euros.
The midfielder failed to make an impact in the Premier League with Tottenham after joining from Corinthians and departed to Guangzhou Evergrande in 2015.
While in the Chinese top flight Paulinho found his best form, scoring 25 goals in 95 games for Guangzhou, earning a recall to the Brazilian national side.
- Paulinho: Barcelona agree to sign ex-Tottenham midfielder Paulinho for 40m eurosBBC News
- Barcelona announce £36m signing of former Spurs midfielder PaulinhoThe Guardian
- Barcelona confirm agreement with Guangzhou Evergrande for PaulinhoESPN FC
- Barcelona begin spending spree by bagging Brazilian midfielder Paulinho for ...Scroll.in
- Barcelona confirm £36.5m Paulinho deal with former Tottenham man to be ...Daily Mail
- Anyone fancy meeting Paulinho's £109m Barca release clause?Football365.com
- Live: Football transfer news and rumoursTimes of Malta
- Barcelona sign Brazilian midfielder Paulinho for €40 millionLivemint
- Barca to sign Brazil midfielder Paulinho from Chinese clubWashington Post