Sign up for Boston Globe's 108 Stitches newsletter and be entered to win a four-pack of tickets to the Red Sox home game on August 28th.
AdvertisementBenintendi, 23, had the kind of game Saturday that has exemplified most of Judge’s season — particularly April, May and June, when it seemed as if there were no other rookie in baseball worth talking about.
As Benintendi became the youngest player in Red Sox history to collect six RBI in a game against the Yankees, Judge went 0 for 4 with two strikeouts and hit into a double play.
Benintendi played in front of 22 relatives Saturday, including his paternal grandfather, Robert, who grew up in Brooklyn and made the trip to Yankee Stadium from his home in Cincinnati.
Two innings later, Benintendi jumped on a hanging slider and launched a high, arcing blast that landed deep in the right-field bleachers, beyond the Judge’s Chambers but close enough for the robed and bewigged fans there to get a good look at its downward flight.
- Yankee fans caught on video 'hitting a home run' while on the subway (WARNING ...New York Daily News
- Yankees fans busted rounding the bases on the subwayNew York Post
- Why Yankees' Aaron Judge has been rung up so much latelyNJ.com
- Red Sox Vs. Yankees Live Stream: Watch MLB Sunday Night Baseball OnlineNESN.com
- Red Sox Vs. Yankees Lineup: Chris Sale Looks To Grab 15th Win Of SeasonNESN.com
- Which teams have the most to gain from the playoff format?Beyond the Box Score
- Yankees, Red Sox lineups for Sunday; Reliever called upNJ.com
- Buck and Reimer - Red Sox baserunning woes; What's your playoff rotation? 8-13-17WEEI.com
- Benintendi homers twice as Red Sox drub YankeesBangor Daily News