Yes, Aug. 21 is the date that the shadow of the moon will zip across our state, almost totally dimming the sky at Berkshire’s Omaha headquarters.
In Delaware that day, U.S. Bankruptcy Judge Christopher Sontchi is to hold a hearing and may rule on Berkshire’s offer to buy Oncor Electric Delivery of Dallas.
The purchase plan is in Bankruptcy Court because of the financial troubles of Oncor’s owner, Energy Future Holdings Corp. Texas utility regulators favor the deal.
At the same time, hedge fund Elliott Management Corp. is making a competing offer for Oncor.
Now Lawrence Cunningham, a George Washington University law professor, has compiled Buffett’s recommendations and boardroom experiences into an essay for the National Association of Corporate Directors.
- Fund Focus: 'Dividend hero' steers a cautious course through choppy watersThis is Money
- What you can learn from Warren Buffett's $100 billion problemYahoo Finance
- Barclays Capital announced Berkshire Hathaway Inc. (NYSE:BRK.B), bumping up ...Breaking Finance News
- Why Berkshire Is Destined To Become The Ultimate Dividend Growth StockSeeking Alpha
- 2 Finance Stocks to Buy with Dividends Yielding More than 4%Motley Fool
- Financial Review: Berkshire Hathaway (BRK-A) & XL Group (XL)BNB Daily (blog)
- Berkshire Hathaway - Receive News & Ratings DailyThe Cerbat Gem
- Berkshire Hathaway Inc. (BRK-B) Lifted to “Buy” at BidaskClubSports Perspectives
- Berkshire Hathaway Inc. (BRK.B) Price Target Raised to $205.00 at Barclays PLCWeek Herald