In addition to upgrades to the current Iphone 7 and 7 Plus, Apple is expected to launch a totally new model equipped with exclusive technologies to mark the tenth anniversary of the world's leading smartphone.
Given that a range of sensors are usually located in the lower part of the face, there may be a fingerprint reader under the screen, or perhaps the "Home" button will be axed.
Finally, the new iPhone might come equipped with 3D facial recognition sensors, a feature that would serve not only to unlock the device, but also to validate Apple Pay and App Store purchases.
New sensors in tandem with iOS 11 could pave the way for the augmented reality applications that are close to the heart of Apple CEO Tim Cook.
Some analysts believe that the three models will all be released at the same time, but that the new device will only be available in a very limited edition, while others predict a separate fall launch.
- To Mute iPhone 8 Notifications, You Just Need To Look At Your PhoneGears Of Biz
- iPhone 8 To Feature 'Inductive Charging', Power Button That Doubles As Shutter ...Wccftech
- Apple HomePod: Everything we know about the launch date, specs and priceCNET
- Meet the code detective uncovering Apple secretsIndependent.ie
- Apple iPhone 8, iPhone 7S & 7S Plus release date due next month, confirms reportPC-Tablet News
- Apple Inc. (NASDAQ:AAPL) Now Covered by Loop CapitalBNB Daily (blog)
- Investors Sell Apple Inc. (AAPL) on Strength (AAPL)TheOlympiaReport
- Apple iPhone 8 Rumors Point To Major Innovations In Next Gen DeviceValueWalk
- iPhone 8 Will Not Launch This Year; We'll Get An iPhone, iPhone Plus And ...Wccftech