West Ham must keep hold of midfield star Manuel Lanzini at all costs, says former Hammers defender Tony Gale.
And Gale fears that, if Liverpool’s Philippe Coutinho moves to Barcelona, then Lanzini, 24, will be a target for Anfield boss Jurgen Klopp.
“He is special and, with the new players Javier Hernandez and Marko Arnautovic around him, Lanzini can have an even bigger impact.
Manuel Lanzini celebrates his winner against Spurs last season (Image: Getty) Read More Gale – a key man in the West Ham team to finish third in the top flight in 1986 and a 1995 Premier League winner with Blackburn – thinks the West Ham board could face a real test over Lanzini.
“With the money they have had coming in, with the sale of Dimitri Payet and James Tomkins, I reckon their net spending has been £13million.
- Manchester UnitedEurosport.com ASIA
- Everyone enjoyed Joe Hart's cheeky explanation for his black eyeSportsJOE.ie
- West Ham Stopper Looking Forward to Proving Himself at London Stadium in ...90min
- West Ham keeper has black eye on success at Manchester UnitedNewham Recorder
- Hart out to prove a point to Bilic and Southgate at West Ham, not GuardiolaFourFourTwo
- Joe Hart reveals the advice which helped convince him to make West Ham moveFootball.London
- Joe Hart only focused on impressing Slaven Bilic, Gareth SouthgateESPN FC
- West Ham United manager Slaven Bilic wants Adrian stayHITC
- Manchester United could field most expensive Premier League eleven against ...Football.London