Fine was directed to pursue the plan at the July board of directors meeting of the Halifax Area Advertising Authority, which funds and oversees the visitors bureau.
Fine admittedly is a big fan of cruises when it comes to her own vacations, taking several European voyages in a typical year, but the Daytona Beach proposal is based squarely on visitor research, she said.
Initially, the plan doesn’t involve additional expenses for the visitors bureau or the cruise line outside of previously budgeted marketing funds, said Lori Campbell Baker, the bureau’s executive director.
“We wanted to leverage that market and offer folks the ability to do a combined trip, take a visit to the Daytona area and pair it with a three- or four-day cruise out of Port Canaveral.
The visitors bureau is at work now reaching out to local business partners including hotels, attractions, restaurants and transportation companies to make them aware of the potential opportunity and encourage involvement, Baker said.
- New Royal Caribbean smartphone app spotted for use on Allure of the SeasRoyal Caribbean Blog (blog)
- Royal Caribbean Cruises Ltd. (NYSE:RCL) Stake Increased by Louisiana State ...BNB Daily (blog)
- Carnival Corporation - Receive News & Ratings DailyTheOlympiaReport
- Royal Caribbean Cruises Ltd. (RCL) Position Cut by World Asset Management IncBNB Daily (blog)
- Royal Caribbean Cruises Ltd. (RCL) Updates Q3 Earnings GuidanceBNB Daily (blog)
- CIBC Asset Management Inc Cuts Position in Norwegian Cruise Line Holdings Ltd ...Transcript Daily
- Daiwa Securities Group Inc. Has $619000 Stake in Norwegian Cruise Line ...Transcript Daily
- Bp Plc Purchases New Stake in Norwegian Cruise Line Holdings Ltd. (NASDAQ:NCLH)StockNewsTimes
- Boston Advisors LLC Raises Position in Royal Caribbean Cruises Ltd. (NYSE:RCL)BNB Daily (blog)