New Line's Annabelle: Creation is scaring up strong business in its box-office debut for a projected domestic launch in the $36 million-$39 million range, according to early Friday returns.
The origin film, directed by David F. Sandberg, is the fourth installment in the studio's Conjuring horror franchise.
Nutty by Nature , about a group of animals trying to stop their serene park from being turned into an amusement venture, features a voice cast that includes Will Arnett, Maya Rudolph, Jackie Chan and Katherine Heigl.
Lionsgate's adaptation The Glass Castle is opening in far fewer theaters, or 1,461 locations, for a projected $4.5 million-$6.5 million launch.
Based on former gossip columnist and author Jeannette Walls' best-selling 2005 memoir, the story follows a young girl and her siblings who grow up with parents who choose to live an unorthodox (and often homeless) life.
- How Annabelle: Creation Fits Into The Conjuring's Connected Horror UniverseGameSpot
- Box Office: 'Annabelle: Creation' Surging to $38 Million DebutVariety
- Review: Creepiest Doll Ever Returns For More Scares in Annabelle: CreationParade
- Annabelle: Creation to haunt top spot at box officeEW.com (blog)
- Annabelle: Creation ReviewComingSoon.net
- Annabelle: Creation is a mishmash of clichés and nonsense: EW reviewEW.com
- 'Annabelle: Creation' Producer James Wan Tells Us What Scares Him Most – And ...TheWrap
- Annabelle: Creation Review – One Of The Best Horror Franchise Sequels In YearsBleeding Cool News
- Why You Need To See Annabelle: Creation In A Packed Movie Theater On Opening ...Cinema Blend