East Rutherford, NJ - JUNE 15: New York Giants wide receiver Odell Beckham (13) walks in at the end of practice during New York Giants Mini Camp on June 14, 2017 at the Quest Diagnostics Training Center in East Rutherford, NJ.
Tomlin has already announced that rookie quarterback Josh Dobbs will get the start in East Rutherford; Ben Roethlisberger will get the day off, and Landry Jones is reportedly out with an abdominal issue.
Also not appearing for the Steelers Friday night: WR Antonio Brown, who’s too important to use here, and RB Le’Veon Bell, who’s holding out for a better contract.
As for the quarterback situation, Dobbs is a fourth-round pick out of the University of Tennessee who spent the full four-year term with the Volunteers – and earned his aerospace engineering degree in the process.
Johnson will likely get the start on Friday, but all eyes will be on Smith, who has looked very good in camp while recovering from the torn right knee he suffered last October.
- Mike Tomlin's job one of NFL's most secure, according to ESPNPittsburgh Post-Gazette
- Report: As expected, Martavis Bryant not likely to be in Steelers lineup vs ...Behind the Steel Curtain
- 6 Things To Watch For In The New York Giants Preseason Game vs. SteelersElite Sports NY
- Tomlin: Communication will be Josh Dobbs' biggest challenge247Sports
- Why I'm excited about the Steelers first preseason game vs. the GiantsBehind the Steel Curtain
- JuJu Smith-Schuster on Josh Dobbs: 'We have a lot of chemistry'247Sports
- FanDuel Daily Fantasy Football Preseason Helper: Friday 8/11/17numberFire
- Labriola on Le'Veon, causes, rotationsSteelers.com
- How to watch/listen to the Steelers at GiantsSteelers.com