FOXBORO, MA – AUGUST 10: Bill Belichick of the New England Patriots has words with officials during a preseason game with the Jacksonville Jaguars at Gillette Stadium on August 10, 2017 in Foxboro, Massachusetts.
In the first week of the preseason, the New England Patriots were unable to defeat the Jacksonville Jaguars.
With three scoring plays of 40 yards or more, including a 97-yard touchdown catch, it would have been hard for the Jaguars to lose this game.
Even though the Patriots sat their veterans, the Jaguars decided to give some reps to their starters.
While it was somewhat of a meaningless game without the starters, there were some takeaways that could affect the team in the regular season.
- NFL capsules: No Tom Brady, no defense, Patriots fall to Jaguars 31-24 in openerThe Spokesman-Review
- Analysis: Up and down night for rookiesPatriots.com
- Jimmy Garoppolo shines, but Pats fall to JagsSeacoastonline.com
- New England Patriots drop preseason opener to Jacksonville JaguarsMusket Fire
- Quarterback Jimmy Garoppolo has strong night as Patriots fall to Jaguars in ...Boston Herald
- Patriots Notes: Austin Carr Hopes Dynamite Debut Is Just First StepNESN.com
- Patriots lose first preseason game to the JaguarsWEEI.com
- Kevin Winter calls in on his way home from the Patriots gameWEEI.com
- Can the Red Sox keep their hot streak going?WEEI.com