When the owners of Liverpool Football Club, Fenway Sports Group, issued a statement on Friday morning, a feeling of relief would have flown over Jurgen Klopp.
“The club’s definitive stance is that no offer for Philippe will be considered and he will remain a member of Liverpool Football Club when the summer window closes.”
Yet, after managing to fend off interest in one of his star players, reports in Italy now suggest the German faces a fight to keep hold of another of his midfielders.
According to Gazetta dello Sport , Serie A champion Juventus is preparing an £23 million offer for Emre Can, the German midfielder who has become an integral part to Klopp’s team.
For now, Can will be part of Klopp’s Liverpool squad when it travels to Hertfordshire on Saturday to face Watford in the team’s opening game of the Premier League season.
- Coutinho Out Of Liverpool's Clash With WatfordbeIN SPORTS USA
- Liverpool boss Jurgen Klopp on wanting Plan A signings, Salah and his hopes ...Liverpool Echo
- Jurgen Klopp delighted Liverpool's owners have declared Philippe Coutinho is ...SkySports
- Liverpool 2017/18 Premier League season preview: Time to kick on under Jurgen ...The Independent
- Mohamed Salah is set for his Liverpool debut at Watford on SaturdayDaily Mail
- Philippe Coutinho a major doubt for Liverpool's Champions League play-off with ...Mirror.co.uk
- Premier League preview: Liverpool plans rest on transfersThe Week UK
- 5 bold Premier League predictions: Rooney at the double, Liverpool loseFanSided
- Philippe Coutinho: How Liverpool side could look if star is sold to BarcelonaExpress.co.uk