But amid the struggle between the two women, Diana's butler Paul revealed the moment that she knew her tenuous happiness with Prince Charles was over.
Speaking as part of the documentary, he admitted: "She told me on the night that Prince Harry was born, she cried herself to sleep.
But when she began her relationship with Dodi Fayed following her divorce to Charles, her biological mother Frances Shand Kydd was outraged.
Sun, August 6, 2017 Prince Charles kisses Princess Diana on the balcony of Buckingham Palace after their marriage
The documentary also saw Raine's personal assistant Sue Howe reveal that Diana had once pushed her stepmother down the stairs after a huge argument.
- Princess Diana 'beyond the grave' thinks Meghan Markle is wrong for Prince HarryThe Mercury News
- "We couldn't protect her": William and Harry explain why it's their duty to ...Mirror.co.uk
- How did Princess Diana die, how old was she and how is the 20th anniversary of ...The Sun
- Prince William, Prince Harry to address their mother's death in new documentaryEW.com (blog)
- Prince Charles Had a 'Perfectly Normal Sex Life' During His Bachelor Years ...PEOPLE.com
- What happened before Prince Charles and Princess Diana's divorce is really ...AOL
- Queen Elizabeth II Ordered Princess Diana to Divorce Prince Charles, Ex-Butler ...Yahoo News UK
- Princes William and Harry Open Up About New Princess Diana Documentary: 'We ...KPRC Houston
- 'Diana In Her Own Words' Explores The 'People's Princess' In Her Own Words, At ...The Inquisitr