GREEN BAY – A sloppy start for the Packers led to an early 6-0 lead for the Eagles after one quarter of the preseason opener on Thursday night at Lambeau Field.
The Eagles picked up a first down on a 6-Yard pass to WR Jordan Matthews, but LB Nick Perry followed with an 8-yard sack, and moments later CB Damarious Randall left the game with an injury.
Two run stops pushed the Eagles back 3 yards, but on third-and-13, QB Carson Wentz avoided what looked like a sure sack by LB Clay Matthews and found WR Mack Hollins over the middle.
Hollins then broke tackle attempts by CBs Kevin King and Quinten Rollins and scored from 38 yards out.
On fourth-and-1 from the 7, the Eagles went for it again, but S Kentrell Brice was the first to contact RB Corey Clement in the backfield, and CB Quinten Rollins and LB Joe Thomas cleaned up to get the stop.
- 2 Philadelphia Eagles starters will sit out preseason opener against PackersPennLive.com
- Eagles vs. Packers: Score, Stats & HighlightsHeavy.com
- Packers vs. Eagles: Five things to watch in the exhibition openerAcme Packing Company
- Veteran Packers who need to make plays in preseason openerPackers Wire
- Packers: Young receivers expected to get bulk of snaps in preseason openerMadison.com
- Eagles-Packers inactive list: No Aaron Rodgers, Jordy Nelson for preseason openerAcme Packing Company
- Philadelphia Eagles position battles to keep an eye on in preseason openerPennLive.com
- McCAFFERY: For Eagles, a preseason that will matter more than mostBucks Local News
- Preseason Opener: Storylines To FollowPhiladelphiaEagles.com