Based on the past couple weeks of every single practice that I've seen firsthand at Olivet Nazarene University, here's who I believe will ultimately make the Bears' final roster before any games begin.
Connor Shaw won't appear against the Broncos for both health reasons (recently had a screw removed) and likely play as well, as by my count, he hasn't thrown one pass in any camp team drill.
That outweighs a receiver like Kendall Wright who not only hasn't done much for me to warrant ever noticing him in practice, but also would only create $1 million dead money in cap space if the Bears chose to cut him.
This is a group with one true potential long-term difference maker in Floyd and a bunch of serviceable veterans in Houston, Young, and Acho, as well as a questionable asset in McPhee (of whom it makes no sense to cut this year).
The third-year pro has found himself routinely around the ball in practice and showcases instincts as well as explosive tackling ability the other linebackers fighting for a job just don't possess.
- Broncos vs. Bears 2017 live stream: Start time, TV channel, and how to watch ...SB Nation
- Chicago Bears vs Denver Broncos: Pre Party Open Thread!Windy City Gridiron
- Mike Glennon throws interception on 1st Bears drive; Broncos lead 10-0Chicago Tribune
- Chicago Bears vs Denver Broncos: First half open threadWindy City Gridiron
- Chicago Bears vs. Denver Broncos: Preseason Week 1 Injury ReportDa Windy City
- LOOK: The Mike Glennon era in Chicago starts with a pick-six and a botched snapCBSSports.com
- Top storylines in Bears preseason openerChicagoBears.com
- 5 things to watch for when Broncos play BearsBroncos Wire
- Five Denver Broncos Players to Watch vs. ChicagoPredominantly Orange