Still, it looks like they're gearing up to share additional details, as they are now inviting folks to sign up to take part in an upcoming beta.
While details are a bit scarce, you can head on over to the game's official website and enter your information in the hopes of being included in an upcoming beta.
Gearbox is calling 1v1 a Shooter that combines first-person combat with the "metagame strategy of a collectible card game."
According to the announcement, the team is planning to hold a short closed technical test this summer and, since the season is almost over, we imagine we'll be hearing a lot more about 1v1 in the coming weeks.
Assuming the artwork on the page is from the game, it looks like the setting is a cyber noir world that has been integrated into lush landscapes.
- Borderlands Dev Reveals A New Shooter With A TwistGameSpot
- 1v1 me, bro - Gearbox announces Project 1v1, a first-person shooter / card ...GamesRadar
- Gearbox Announces a New Project Outside the Realm of BorderlandsTwinfinite
- Borderlands Creator's Next Game Is a Hybrid First-Person Shooter Codenamed '1v1'RollingStone.com
- Gearbox Announces New Game, But It's Not Borderlands 3Game Rant
- Game Developer of 'Borderlands' Announces 'Project 1v1'Christian Post
- Gearbox Is Hard At Work On An Innovative New ShooterComicbook.com
- Borderlands Developer Reveals Project 1v1 Along With Closed Technical TestGreen Man Gaming Newsroom
- Gearbox Software needs your help testing its new first-person shooter ...TechSpot