Sacramento Kings big man Zach Randolph was arrested on a felony charge of marijuana possession with intent to sell by the Los Angeles County Sheriff's Department on Wednesday night, according to police reports.
LAPD officials told ABC-7 that officers were on routine patrol when they encountered a group blocking the street, drinking alcohol, smoking marijuana and playing loud music.
He established himself as a local legend over the past eight seasons in Memphis, a city that embraced him for his rugged playing style and for overcoming a rough upbringing.
He played a critical role in the Grizzlies' seven straight playoff appearances and ranks first in franchise history in rebounds (5,612) and third behind Mike Conley and Marc Gasol in scoring (9,261 points).
Randolph, a two-time All-Star and a 16-year NBA veteran, accepted a transition to a sixth-man role last season and excelled.
- Zach Randolph Reportedly Arrested for Marijuana Possession with Intent to SellBleacher Report
- Zach Randolph arrested, charged with felony in Los AngelesFOX13 Memphis
- Kings' Zach Randolph arrested amid confrontation with police in Los AngelesSporting News
- NBA Star Zach Randolph Arrested On Drug Charges During Mob Fracas In WattsCBS Los Angeles
- New Kings player Zach Randolph arrested in LAKCRA Sacramento
- NBA Player Zach Randolph Arrested on Suspicion of Pot Possession After Clash ...KTLA
- NBA player Zach Randolph arrested on pot charge in WattsKABC-TV
- Sacramento Kings' Zach Randolph arrested amid clash with police in Nickerson ...Los Angeles Times
- Report: Zach Randolph arrested for possession of marijuana with intent to sellYahoo Sports