San Francisco counters with Madison Bumgarner (1-5, 2.88 ERA), who is also looking to get back on track following time on the DL after a dirt bike accident.
Bumgarner has lasted seven innings each of his prior two starts, games the Giants lost to the Diamondbacks and Dodgers .
Upon manager Joe Maddon ‘s words following Tuesday’s loss , being that he’s disappointed with the defensive miscues and that his team needs to be sharper, a bit of a different looking lineup takes the field today.
It seemed unlikely Kyle Schwarber would see much time, if any, against the Giants and their lefties but he’ll get the go in left field and bat seventh.
The Chicago Cubs are off Thursday and pick things up with the Arizona Diamondbacks Friday evening at 8:40 pm C.T.
- Bumgarner gets 2nd win since return as Giants top Cubs 3-1Sacramento Bee
- Giants take series from Cubs behind another Bumgarner gemSFGate
- Cubs' Willson Contreras Helped off the Field After Suffering Leg InjuryBleacher Report
- Cubs' Willson Contreras reportedly likely to go on DL after injuring hamstringCBSSports.com
- Willson Contreras leaves game against Giants after a leg injury running to firstSB Nation
- Sloppy Cubs have seen this before: 'We're playing like that .500 team that we ...Comcast SportsNet Chicago
- Bumgarner Deals, Giants Take Series From CubsNBC Bay Area
- Cubs catcher Willson Contreras injures hamstring in San FranciscoChicago Sun-Times
- Cubs catcher Willson Contreras injures hamstring vs GiantsWGN-TV