Furyk was not eligible for the British Open — the first time since 1995 he didn't qualify for a major — and tied for 35th in an opposite-field event in Alabama.
My goal, really, after these two weeks is to get back to 100 percent and to get my health, work hard in the offseason and come out raring to go when I get a chance."
"I think last year was definitely easier to cope with," defending champion Jimmy Walker said of Baltusrol and its back-to-back par 5s at the end.
Sergio Garcia was asked if he saw any similarities between the Green Mile and the closing stretch at TPC Sawgrass, which can produce some big numbers with so much water but also allows for birdies and eagles.
Slam prospects: Three times in the last four years, a player has won the British Open to get within one leg of the career Grand Slam — Phil Mickelson lacks the U.S. Open, Rory McIlroy needs the Masters and Jordan Spieth is missing the PGA Championship.
- Hazeltine National not giving up on a future PGA ChampionshipTwinCities.com-Pioneer Press
- What Ryder Cup Captain Jim Furyk found on his scouting trip to ParisPGA.com
- Ryan Moore 'more comfortable' on bigger stages after Ryder Cup experienceAOL UK
- PGA date change question: When would Ryder Cup start?Golf Channel (blog)
- Captain Furyk already scouting Ryder Cup courseGolf Channel (blog)
- Accuracy key in France for 2018 Ryder Cup says FurykFree Malaysia Today
- Play A Round At PGA Golf Club For Your Chance To Win A Signed Championship FlagStuart Magazine
- PGA Championship 2017: Ryan Moore 'more comfortable' on bigger stages after ...Sporting News
- Fantasy Golf Breaking NewsRotoworld.com