The Spencers were originally sheep farmers who had some good luck, but Diana was far from a commoner; she was born on Sandringham Estate, which her family was renting from the royals at the time.
Perhaps this, along with her love for Barbara Cartland’s romance novels, helped plant the idea in her mind that she was destined for big things and was going to nab a prince to get her fairy tale.
She was the kind of girl Dickie had suggested for him, and since he wanted to be married and had already passed 30 — his deadline for settling down — he got the idea in his head that he would learn to love Diana.
She worked with disabled community and outsiders with whom she felt a bond, and she was attracted to a range of organizations that reached out to people “on the wrong side.” Diana resonated with their suffering, their loneliness, and their insecurities.
While Charles was more traditional as a father, Diana introduced William and Harry to fun things like Disney World and McDonald’s; she was hands on and less stuffy than other royal moms.
- Princess Diana's Beauty Evolution, From Fresh-Faced Ingenue to Royal IconVogue.com
- Horoscope reveals THIS was written in the stars for Princess Diana and Prince ...Express.co.uk
- How the Camillagate tapes exposed the secret bedtime chat between Prince ...Mirror.co.uk
- Kate Middleton Will Never Live Up To Princess Diana's Legacy, Says Former ButlerThe Inquisitr
- Diana 'ordered' to divorce by the QueenYahoo7 News
- 'Game, set, match' Diana delighted in Charles' criticism for 'Camillagate ...Express.co.uk
- Triumphant Princess Diana said "game, set and match" after reading the ...Mirror.co.uk
- Princess Diana Documentary 2017 'The Story of Diana' Time & ChannelHeavy.com
- The story behind an iconic stone, earrings that marked a new start and how she ...Daily Mail