Because of this, the decision by Dave Roberts to allow newly acquired left hander Tony Watson to face Lamb in a critical moment seems like a no brainer.
Roberts didn’t made a mistake, as the overall platoon split is what matters and the it’s most likely small sample size randomness — he’s had only 16 plate appearances against Dodgers lefties this season — but it’s still remarkable.
They don’t decide baseball games with Statcast though, and Jake Lamb propelled his team to victory by continuing his reign of terror against Dodgers left handed pitching.
Gif via MLB.com Game Score was developed by Bill James as a quick way to evaluate a starting pitcher’s performance, and recently updated by Tom Tango.
His previous season high game score of 91 came against the Blue Jays on April 21st, and while his line against the Rays was almost identical to that effort — eight innings, one walk, and 13 strikeouts — Sale was able to cut his hits allowed down from four to just two.
- Dodgers' Tony Watson surrenders grand slam in loss to DiamondbacksLos Angeles Times
- Lamb's Grand Slam Gives Diamondbacks 6-3 Victory Over DodgersCBS Los Angeles
- Lamb's slam gives D-backs 6-3 win over DodgersmySanAntonio.com
- Jake Lamb's grand slam produces big win, 'special night' for DiamondbacksAZCentral.com
- Jake Lamb's grand slam lifts Diamondbacks to 6-3 victory over DodgersOCRegister
- Dodgers lose to D-Backs despite Maeda's effortsThe Japan Times
- Arizona Diamondbacks 6, Los Angeles Dodgers 3: Lamb Slam, thank you ma'amAZ Snake Pit
- Diamondbacks in position to win series vs. Dodgers (Aug 09, 2017)FOXSports.com
- Jake Lamb lifts Diamondbacks to 6-3 win over Dodgersgulfnews.com