Posted by Mike Florio on August 9, 2017, 10:29 AM EDT
Nicki Jhabvala of the Denver Post reports, citing an unnamed source, that a report linking the Broncos to Bengals quarterback A.J.
First, the Bengals have asked for a lot for Mccarron when contacted in the past about possibly trading him.
Third, trading for McCarron would put the Broncos in the awkward spot of having to justify whatever they give up to get him by either giving him a significant long-term deal or using the $23-milllion-plus franchise tag in 2018.
It’s simply too late for an emergency option of that magnitude, and it would cost much more than the John Elway-led franchise ever would give up for a potential franchise quarterback.
- Trevor Siemian says things are 'clicking for me' in Broncos' QB battleLarry Brown Sports
- Reports of Broncos pursuing AJ McCarron refuted immediatelyPredominantly Orange
- Elway dubs McCarron rumor “fake news”NBCSports.com
- John Elway on Broncos QB Trade Rumors: 'Irresponsible, Fake News!!'Bleacher Report
- Denver Broncos 'aggressively pursuing' QB AJ McCarron, according to one reportNiners Nation
- Report: Denver Broncos pursuing Cincinnati Bengals QB AJ McCarronAll 22
- Trevor Siemian: Things have started 'clicking for me'NFL.com
- Vance Joseph lays out playing time, general plan for Denver Broncos' preseason ...Canon City Daily Record
- Paxton Lynch splitting time at QB for Broncos in preseasonWMC Action News 5