Jobs to be created will include claims specialists, actuaries, underwriters and information technology roles, he said.
Harriet Harty, executive vice president Human Resources at Allstate, said the company hasn’t fully settled on the mix of jobs it will bring to Charlotte, but they will include a wide variety of functions.
Of the incentives, Allstate will be eligible for up to $17.8 million over 12 years in potential reimbursements of withholding taxes for the new jobs, provided the company meets job-creation and investment targets.
In comparison, insurer MetLife was awarded $87.2 million in a 2013 reimbursement package for creating 2,600 jobs in Charlotte and Cary.
- Allstate to create over 2200 Charlotte jobsWCNC
- Allstate to bring 2250 jobs to Charlotte over 3 yearsCharlotte Business Journal
- Allstate expands to Charlotte, bringing more than 2200 jobsWSOC Charlotte
- Allstate expanding operations to CharlotteFOX 46 Charlotte
- Allstate to create 2250 jobs with North Carolina expansionSeattle Times
- REGION: Cooper announces 2250 new jobs as Allstate Insurance expands in ...Stanly News & Press
- Allstate Expands Operations In CharlotteWFAE