All signs point toward the Astros activating their All-Star outfielder before Wednesday night's matchup against the White Sox and righthander Miguel Gonzalez.
Springer, who has missed the team's last 13 games because of a left quad injury, went through an extensive workout Tuesday afternoon that afterward he described as having made for "a very positive day."
Activating Springer will require a corresponding move to the Astros' roster, a transaction most likely to come in the form of a demotion to Class AAA for third baseman J.D.
The just-recalled Davis seems the likeliest candidate to be optioned, but the Astros also called him up when they did because of the slew of lefthanders they will face on this road trip.
Springer ran the bases, took fly balls in center field and made throws back to the infield.
- Avisail Garcia returns for White Sox vs. AstrosChicago Tribune
- Good news, bad news: White Sox reinstate Avisail Garcia, but place Matt ...Chicago Tribune
- White Sox Open Three-Game Series With Houston AstrosSouthside Showdown
- White Sox Reinstate Avisail Garcia From Disabled ListCBS Chicago
- White Sox Game Notes For Tuesday vs. HoustonWGN-TV
- Matt Davidson's breakout season on hold after landing on DLComcast SportsNet Chicago
- Astros' George Springer: Not activated TuesdayCBSSports.com
- White Sox activate Avisail Garcia, put Davidson on DLWashington Times
- Nicky DelmoniconumberFire