The Chicago White Sox had one of their most potent bats back in the lineup when they faced the Houston Astros on Tuesday night at Guaranteed Rate Field.
Avisail Garcia, who was activated from the 10-day disabled list after recovering from a strained ligament in his right thumb, hit fourth for the Sox and played right field.
Garcia was 2-for-2 with two runs scored, an RBI and a stolen base.
Kevan Smith had two RBIs while Leury Garcia, Yoan Moncada and Adam Engel also knocked in runs.
Derek Holland (5-11, 5.29 ERA) started for the Sox and was opposed by Dallas Keuchel (9-1), 2.15) for the Astros.
- George Springer could return to Astros' lineup WednesdayChron.com
- Good news, bad news: White Sox reinstate Avisail Garcia, but place Matt ...Chicago Tribune
- White Sox activate Avisaíl García, put Matt Davidson on DLChicago Sun-Times
- White Sox Open Three-Game Series With Houston AstrosSouthside Showdown
- White Sox Reinstate Avisail Garcia From Disabled ListCBS Chicago
- White Sox Game Notes For Tuesday vs. HoustonWGN-TV
- Astros' George Springer: Not activated TuesdayCBSSports.com
- White Sox activate Avisail Garcia, put Davidson on DLWashington Times
- Nicky DelmoniconumberFire