Braves Shortstop Johan Camargo was slated to start Atlanta’s game against the Phillies on Tuesday, but he would need to be helped off the field before the first pitch.
In an incredibly bizarre scene at SunTrust Park, the rookie infielder could be seen jogging onto the field and tripping as he prepared to jump over the chalk.
What would have been a humorous tumble quickly turned scary when Camargo held his knee in pain.
He's the proud owner of a Johnny Estrada bobblehead, and he once shared an elevator with Matthew McConaughey.
NFL 6hr ago It’s one way to help a team move on from last year’s debacle.
- Johan Camargo suffers freak injury prior to first pitch (UPDATED)Talking Chop
- WATCH: Braves infielder exits game after suffering a freak injury taking the fieldCBSSports.com
- Braves shortstop Johan Camargo injures himself taking the fieldSporting News
- Braves shortstop Johan Camargo injures knee running onto fieldESPN
- Philllies vs. Braves preview: Atlanta looks to solve Philadelphia riddleTalking Chop
- MLB Trade Deadline Recap: Atlanta BravesMLB Daily Dish
- Phillies Continue Road Trip Against BravesCBS Philly
- Game Thread 8/8: Braves vs. PhilliesTalking Chop
- Watch: Braves infielder Johan Camargo sustains freak injury247Sports