The Astros, who lost 111 games in 2013, are not where they sit today – at 71-41 after an 8-5 loss to the White Sox Tuesday at Guaranteed Rate Field – by accident.
They unloaded most of their veteran players for prospects, drafted quite well, clicked on some trades and then began spending on free agents.
“Their talent is showing, their ability to swing the bats, run the bases, catch the ball, pitching, all of those things that you look for in a club.
Center fielder Adam Engel singled in a run and robbed Brian McCann of a homer with one of the Sox’ top defensive plays of the season, Kevan Smith had four RBI with a double and homer, Avisail Garcia returned from the disabled list to single in a run in the Sox’ three-run first and doubled in the third.
“[The Astros] picked first three years in a row before they were able to build up that critical mass getting to where they are now, and obviously they’re the envy of the league now in what they’ve been able to accomplish in terms of their rebuild,’’ Hahn said.
- White Sox top Astros 8-5Chicago Tribune
- George Springer could return to Astros' lineup WednesdayChron.com
- White Sox activate Avisaíl García, put Matt Davidson on DLChicago Sun-Times
- Good news, bad news: White Sox reinstate Avisail Garcia, but place Matt ...Chicago Tribune
- White Sox Open Three-Game Series With Houston AstrosSouthside Showdown
- White Sox Reinstate Avisail Garcia From Disabled ListCBS Chicago
- White Sox Game Notes For Tuesday vs. HoustonWGN-TV
- White Sox activate Avisail Garcia, put Davidson on DLWashington Times
- Astros' Dallas Keuchel: Shelled by White Sox on TuesdayCBSSports.com