Joe West, the major league’s senior umpire, has been suspended for three days for comments he made about Texas third baseman Adrian Beltre.
In a USA Today report published June 20 timed to coincide with the umpire’s 5,000th regular-season game, West said “it’s got to be Adrian Beltre” when asked who was the biggest complainer in the major leagues.
Seattle also placed righthanded reliever David Phelps (Hazelwood West) on the 10-day disabled list with an impingement in his right elbow.
New York acquired Sonny Gray and Jaime Garcia ahead of the July 31 trade deadline, and they will remain in the rotation with Luis Severino, Masahiro Tanaka and CC Sabathia.
Camargo was taking the field when his right knee appeared to lock as he reached down to grab a handful of dirt or touch the chalk on the first-base line.
- Rangers games may have become less interesting, but Adrian Beltre stories are ...Dallas News (blog)
- Umpire Joe West suspended three games for calling Adrian Beltre MLB's biggest ...Washington Post
- Joe West suspended three games for calling Adrian Beltre MLB's 'biggest ...Yahoo Sports
- Umpires' union says Joe West was suspended three games for calling Adrian ...Los Angeles Times
- Joe West has been suspended three games for calling Adrian Beltre a 'complainer'SB Nation
- Umpire Joe West suspended after calling Adrian Beltre a complainerCBS News
- MLB umpire suspended after calling Beltre 'biggest complainer'Yahoo Sports
- Joe West suspended for calling Adrian Beltre a complainerLone Star Ball
- Report: Umpire Joe West suspended three games for bashing Adrian Beltre publiclyYahoo Sports