SAN FRANCISCO – From his diving stops, off-balance throws, and even his ability to keep his hands on a falling piece of gum in the dugout, the Cubs’ second baseman loves to put on a show at AT&T Park.
Stepping to the plate in the second inning of the Cubs’ first of a three-game series with the Giants, Baez hit a pitch deep to center with a man on and rounded the bases for a two-run inside-the-park homer.
With Jason Heyward on first, Baez hit a Matt Moore pitch to the deepest part of AT&T Ballpark in right-center field.
Moncrief’s throw home was strong and on target, but Baez was able to slide in underneath the tag of Buster Posey to finish off the two-run homer.
After a rough Sunday against the Nationals at Wrigley Field, the bullpen finished the final 2 2/3 innings scoreless as Wade Davis picked up his 24th save in another AT&T Park game where Baez provided the true San Francisco treat.
- Javier Baez's inside-the-park home run helps Arrieta to winFresno Bee
- Moore digs early hole in loss to CubsSan Francisco Examiner
- Javier Baez, Cubs full of surprises in 5-3 win over GiantsChicago Tribune
- Giants allow inside-the-park homer in loss to CubsSFGate
- Javier Baez' inside-the-park HR sparks Cubs to 5-3 win over GiantsChicago Tribune
- Ryder Jones hits his first career homer but Giants needed more in loss to CubsThe Mercury News
- Inside Javier Baez's inside-the-park home runESPN (blog)
- Market Watch: Jake Arrieta trending toward big free-agent paydayChicago Sun-Times
- Giants rookie Jones busts one just like BarrySanta Cruz Sentinel