Olympians who fell short at the Sochi Games four years ago will be focused fiercely on dazzling this time, aiming for that highest perch on the winners’ stand.
Look for performances from the American veterans of past games, from the U.S. Women’s Hockey Team to the affectionally dubbed Shib Sibs, ice dancers Alex and Maia Shibutani.
Pyeongchang is in the Taebaek Mountains, which fittingly for the Winter Games are sometimes called the Korean Alps, in a region east of Seoul in Gangwon-do, or Gangwon Province.
Helping the American women hockey players prepare for this year's Olympic Games is Colleen Hacker, a sport psychology consultant and mental skills coach.
No heat, no water, no lobby in one hotel, and when U.S. bobsledder Johnny Quinn found himself trapped inside a men's room due to a jammed door, he was able to break through shoddy construction.
- Report: Ovechkin is still 'hopeful' he'll participate in 2018 OlympicsNBCSports.com
- Six months out: PyeongChang Olympic storylinesOlympicTalk (blog)
- Countdown to PyeongChang: The Winter Olympics start in six months from todayWDTN
- Alex Ovechkin says he still plans to go to Olympics, could skip nine Caps gamesCBSSports.com
- Capitals Faceoff Podcast: What are the best hockey movies?CSN Mid-Atlantic (press release) (blog)
- Ovechkin on Olympics: 'There's always a chance'TSN
- Washington Capitals: Alex Ovechkin Still Hopeful To Play In OlympicsPuck Prose
- NHL minors players can't go to OlympicsSan Mateo Daily Journal
- NC's only winter Olympic hopeful seeks satisfaction of a medalWRALSportsFan.com