Mundo Deportivo and the Daily Mail are reporting that Barca directors Oscar Grau, Raul Sanllehi and Javier Bordas have arrived on Merseyside to conduct what are said to be ‘final negotiations’ over a move for Coutinho, with a view to the player making his Barcelona debut against Real Madrid this weekend.
The reports are something of a diversion from Liverpool ’s repeated position that they will not sell Coutinho for any price this summer, with the Anfield club’s swift rejection of Barcelona’s opening offer for the player last month confirming their desire to hang to their No.10.
Several sources have suggested that Coutinho would be keen on a move to Barcelona, who are eager to add to their squad as they look to spend some of the €222m world record transfer fee they received from the sale of Neymar to Paris Saint-Germain last week.
Yet it remain to be seen whether talks over a deal to sell Coutinho as are far advanced as these latest stories suggest, with Liverpool boss Jurgen Klopp stating on several occasions that his club will not consider the sale of any of their star names this summer.
- Liverpool Transfer News LIVE updates: Stunning Philippe Coutinho training ...Express.co.uk
- Philippe Coutinho will stay at Liverpool until the end of the season, says ...SkySports
- Liverpool's Philippe Coutinho in training protest to force Barcelona transferMetro
- Liverpool maintain Philippe Coutinho transfer stance as Brazilian battles to ...Liverpool Echo
- Philippe Coutinho tells Jurgen Klopp he wants to join Barcelona with directors ...Eurosport.com
- Philippe Coutinho set for Barcelona as deal agreed with Liverpool - sourcesESPN
- Liverpool Transfer News: Coutinho for £82m and Gomes claim, source on Van Dijk ...Daily Star
- Liverpool reach deal in principle to sell Philippe Coutinho to Barcelona - sourcesESPN FC
- Report: Barca step up Coutinho chase as club directors fly inFootball365.com