Both a magnetic resonance imaging exam and CT scan showed no broken bones in the hand where Sano was hit by pitch twice in the same area in a span of 11 days.
Sano's status for Tuesday, Aug. 8, was unclear, though manager Paul Molitor said that type of injury can persist.
A day after recording his first save in five years, Matt Belisle acknowledged that the Twins may put him on revocable waivers in the next month and potentially move him to a contending team.
Belisle said he believes the Twins "can shock a lot of people" by making the playoffs, even though they entered Monday 3.5 games back, and trailing five teams, in the wild card race.
Glen Perkins is scheduled to start on a rehab assignment for Double-A Chattanooga Wednesday, then pitch in back-to-back outings over the weekend.
- Miguel SanonumberFire
- Miguel Sano to undergo MRI, CT scan on handLarry Brown Sports
- Miguel Sano (hand) has MRI and CT come back negative, remains out MondayFantasyPros
- Brian Dozier (illness) in the lineup MondayFantasyPros
- Tests on Miguel Sano's hand are negative, so he starts working on his return ...Minneapolis Star Tribune
- Twins' Miguel Sano: Tests come back cleanCBSSports.com
- Brian Dozier Back in Lineup, Miguel Sano Still SidelinedRotoBaller (subscription) (blog)
- Twins' Miguel Sano: To undergo testing MondayCBSSports.com
- Tests come back cleanRotowire